Board of Trustees
Board of Trustees is the highest policy-making and decision-making body of the Institution, whose composition, duties and authority in the Law on the Establishment of Trustees of Universities, Higher Education Institutes and
Research Institutes and in the Statute of the Institution (Amendment dated Sep. 14, 2004) are set out below.
The composition of the Board of Trustees
- Head of the Central Bank of the Islamic Republic of Iran (Chairman of the Board of Trustees)
- Minister of Science, Research and Technology or his representative
- Head of the Management and Planning Organization or his representative
- Three to five scientific-cultural, social, or country-specific personalities that play an important role in the development of the Research institution
- Head of the Institution (Secretary of the Board of Trustees)
Note 1: At least two of the individuals mentioned in paragraph (4) must be members of the universities’ faculties and research institutes.
Note 2: The members referred to in paragraph (4) shall be appointed by the Governor of the Central Bank and approved by the Minister of Science, Research and Technology for a term of four years, and at the same time may at most be members of two trustees. It is possible to propose and re-appoint them, and until the new members are appointed, they continue to perform their legal duties.
Authority and functions of the Board of Trustees
- Drafting and approval of the internal rules of the Board of Trustees
- Approval of the organization of the Research Institution on the basis of relevant rules and regulations
- Investigating and approving the Institution's budget, proposed by the head of the Research Institution
- Approval of detailed budget of the Institution
- Approval of the annual accounts and annual balance sheets of the Institution
- Approving the manner in which specific incomes are collected and consumed in accordance with the relevant rules and regulations
- Efforts to attract nongovernmental assistance and local accreditation of cash, and construction equipment, in accordance with the relevant rules and regulations
- Approval of the executive guidelines of the Financial and Trading Regulations of the Research Institution (in accordance with Article 12 of the Statute)
- Proposing an extra number of faculty members to the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology to approve
- Determine how the production units, services, workshops, etc. are managed, within the framework of the relevant regulations
- Determine the amount of remuneration, entitlement, royalties, and the like, in accordance with the relevant rules and regulations
- Review the Institution's annual performance report submitted by the Research Institution and comment on it